CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God only gives exceptional people Lupus; the ordinary ones can't handle it. -Dynamo

Friday, June 11, 2010

What A Great Book!

I wanted to share a little bit about a book I just finished reading. It was great and had so much information about Adrenal Fatigue. It is called 'Adrenal Fatigue, The 21st Century Stress Syndrome' by James L. Wilson. It was on the recommended list I received from my physician that compounds my hormones. She did a saliva test to see what all my levels were about a year ago and found out that my adrenal glands are barely working. I have a textbook case of Adrenal Insufficiency and I have been supplementing with an adrenal cortex supplement. It gives useful and practical advice on lowering stress, eating better, supplements and more. I really enjoyed reading it and will keep it in my personal library for reference!

For some reason yesterday I could not get going! I felt better pain wise but just didn't have the energy. Come dinner time I was rolling though! I worked through dinner and got some much needed packing, sorting and picking up done in my bedroom. That room seems to be the catch all for everything we don't know where to put! Since I spend a lot of time in there when I am down I thought I would try and make it a little less stressful. Seeing all the things that I should be doing when I am not feeling well sometimes just makes me feel more guilty!

The girls and I are getting out of the house today! We are going to treat ourselves to lunch and possibly an hour at the park. We will see if the weather holds out and if I am feeling up to it. So far my pain level is tolerable today, just a little achy in places :)

I just received information for the Walk For Lupus that they are holding in Nashville, TN in September. I would love to participate this year if I am able. I am going to talk to my DH about taking the camper over for the weekend. They have a 1,2,& 3 mile walk to help raise money for the Lupus Foundation of America. I tried to get a team together last year or the year before, cannot remember lol, but I was not able to make it. I figure I can either walk or wheel at least the 1 mile. So I am going to start my fundraising website and my goal is at least $100. We have to come up with a name and I would like to get some t-shirts done. Sounds like fun while raising money for a cure!

No comments:

Post a Comment