CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God only gives exceptional people Lupus; the ordinary ones can't handle it. -Dynamo

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I Should Be A Weather Person!

As many people with arthritis, Lupus, Fibro or any other ailments that deal with joint pain may know, my body can tell me when a storm front is coming in! I was down yesterday with aches from head to toe! Even the pain medication just took the edge off to where I didn't curl up in a ball and cry. I was very irritable, tired and whiny....sorry DH and kids! It is so hard to be "sick" sometimes when it's just the kids and I. The older one pretty much understands, the 10yr old is in a world of her own and the 5yr old is sweet one moment and ornery the next! She made me a sweet "get well card" then yelled that she was hungry and wanted lunch. Oh my aching body!

So today is raining and stormy...haha! I am feeling a little better from yesterday. I was up about 7:30am and got to wake up slowly without the kiddo's demanding things right away. I finally got my Plaquenil refilled, due to waiting on doctor to refill, and have started back up with my vitamin regimen. I always feel better when I am taking them...they get expensive and at times I have not refilled out of guilt. A family of 5 runs out of $ quickly these days and sometimes I don't include the vitamins in with my medication budget. Even with insurance I am still paying a lot out of pocket each month. Since I don't eat well all the time, they are great to help me get all the vitamins, minerals and herbs I need. Currently I have restarted taking a super multi-vitamin, adrenal cortex supplement, calcium w/ vit D, vitamin C & glucosamine. These were all recommended by my natural hormone replacement doctor. There are several more I have tried and liked, but these are the bare essentials I take, when there is extra $ I try and take a few more. I am lucky and get them at physician cost since I am a licensed nurse, without that discount there is no way I could afford them. The brand I use is medically tested for accuracy of ingredients and have no fillers and are easily digestible...thank goodness!

My plans today are to get out of the house! Sometimes I have to just get out...anywhere! I am going to one of my favorite craft stores to pick up some fabric to line some crochet purses I have been making. Crocheting is my hobby, along with photography & digital scrap booking. Two of the three hobbies are easy to do if I have to stay in bed! I even have a handy dandy laptop desk! Well, kids are ready to go...guess they need out of the house too. Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment