CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God only gives exceptional people Lupus; the ordinary ones can't handle it. -Dynamo

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Oh Aches & Pains, Please Go Away!

This morning I had intentions to go to the local SS office to start my process of filing for disability. But my body did not cooperate! So I shut the 8am alarm off and was awoken by my sweet DD#3 at 9am wanting breakfast. Thank goodness for the DD#1 as she was able to get her something while I started the morning ritual of snap, crackle popping my way to the restroom and kitchen to start taking my morning meds.

Thankfully I found that you can file for disability online, so 3 hours later I finally had a receipt of submission. Whew! After a rest, I got up and got dressed. This is something I have promised myself to do everyday, unless it is a bedridden day. For some reason it always makes me feel a little better if I am able to at least answer the door should someone come knocking, lol! My Mom decided to come pick up DD#1 for some quality time, so after she left I decided to treat DD#2 & DD#3 to some lunch and McDee's. They love it and it was close to the SS office that I had to drop off forms to. Luckily it only took about 20 minutes to wait and get the forms turned into them, so step one of filing the first time is done!

After lunch I was feeling pretty achy again, so I decided to head to the bed with my laptop and check out some Lupus blogs/websites to catch up on any new news. I was trying to find a blog to follow that talked about dealing with small children when you have a chronic illness/pain. I have to be honest, after about 15 I gave up and decided to start my own. So, I may not have all the answers, but maybe just maybe someone will find something in my life that they can use to help theirs. I am also hoping that it will work as a place to write down and keep track of my thoughts and feelings regarding this disease. I try not to overload the DH when he comes home from work. It always seems like I have a pain here, or complaint there and I know he must tire of hearing it. So maybe just writing it down and getting it out may help. I am blessed with a DH that has been pretty understanding here lately and with a child that helps whenever she can. It has not always been that way, but here lately they have been exceptional!

My last day of work at the school was May 21st. I am now unemployed....hmmm heart races just a little faster when I read that. I am extremely lucky in that my DH makes enough $ for us to survive. My income was used mainly for spending $ and extra's. So it's been 11 days since my last day and I have only been out of the house for the 5 of those days. The weather has been pretty hot and humid here in the South and so I try to stay in more. We have a family beach trip planned for 4 weeks from now, not exactly the perfect Lupie vacation, but I am bound and determined to get my DD3 to the beach! She has never been and I am sure with lots of planning, sunscreen, shade and sun clothing I can hopefully make it the whole week. My Mom has fibro and has been disabled for many years and understands completely about the need for rest, so I am sure with her and my DH I will be able to get the afternoon rest time that I need. We are also looking to move to another house in about 2 weeks if all the paperwork goes well. This is super scary to me. We have about 1/4 of the house packed! I may have to call in the friends to help get everything packed and ready for moving day. Oh I can see many bed days in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment