CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God only gives exceptional people Lupus; the ordinary ones can't handle it. -Dynamo

Monday, February 14, 2011

An Afternoon at the Park

The hubby and I took our 2 youngest to a local park yesterday. With all the cold, icky weather the South has been receiving lately we wanted to enjoy a nice day outside. I think everyone else in our town felt the same way, lol!

I had been out of the habit of sunscreen, hat, long sleeve shirt...etc. So it took me a little longer to get out! I found some sunscreen that I LOVE...it is by Neutrogena and it sprays on light and doesn't feel icky. It is more expensive, but when I have to wear it day in and day out, it's nice to not have the heavy, greasy feeling. I opted for a sun visor instead of the full brim sunhat and a light long-sleeve sweatshirt. We were out for about 2 hours and so far so good! I was able to walk a little ways before getting really tired and get some pictures of my hubby teaching our youngest how to ride her new bike with no training wheels.

For valentines day, my hubby bought me a beautiful ring I have been wanting...yesterday it fight great, today not so much :( I have lots of swelling and joint pain in my hands today, not sure if it's from yesterdays outing or not. Had a hard time getting to sleep last night....my brain just kept going and going. I finally dropped about 1am, I really dislike when this happens. I feel all achy and fatigued today :(

I did a google search for some other Lupus blogs and was happy to find some neat ones. I have included links to their sites on the right, so if you get a chance check them out. Lupus is different for everyone, so it's nice to hear about how other Lupies are living!

((Soft hugs))

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karie, thanks for visiting my blog and adding me to your links. I've been searching for lupie blogs too, so I'll be adding yours to my page and checking out some of the others you posted. Haven't had a chance to read much yet, but I'll be sure to take the time to read more when I get home. Take care!

    ReplyDelete