CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

God only gives exceptional people Lupus; the ordinary ones can't handle it. -Dynamo

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Disability Doctors Appt.

Well today I had an appointment with a MD that Disability sent me to. I was really surprised that I only saw a doctor for approx. 15min. To be honest I have had pre-employment physicals that were more in depth. So, I am not sure if I should be worried about that or not?

I did feel validated though that my body did it's "normal" pops, cracks & swelling so the MD could see it! You know how it is sometimes....you feel crappy and are finally able to get into the doctor and than they don't see anything wrong with you, other than the norm! It makes me feel crazy when that happens!

I have to visit a psychologist for them as well in 2 weeks. Not quite sure what to expect, but will do my best to get 35yrs worth of life into a 15-30min appt. Do they really expect to be able to validate a diagnosis of someone they have not treated, in that short of time? Oh well, I will do whatever they think they need me to do.

On a positive side....I lost 12 pounds in 2 weeks! I have been tracking all of my food/calories and drinking more water. I also went into the MD c/o edema in my abdomen and having difficulty breathing. My lower legs/feet where so swollen and painful it was hard to walk. He put me on a diuretic and it is helping tremendously! They also did some tests to rule out Congestive Heart Failure & Kidneys problems. Luckily everything came back ok...thank you Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. I know when my son went in for his hearing it took about 5 minutes. They denied him AT FIRST. Then when we brought all his records with us the second time and dropped them on the table, he was approved. They do this just to weed out people. Some get very overwhelmed by the whole process (I being one of them - i'd rather work from home and take my chances to be honest with you). If you are denied, be sure to hire a lawyer to help you fight for your benefits. I hope you get to feeling better. Gentle hugs. Tazzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the advice. My mom had to go through and attorney to get hers too. I spoke with an attorney prior to applying and they said to just document everything well & do what they ask, if it's denied than I will retain them. It just brings on a lot of stress at times, but not being able to work, living on 1 income and being sick & tired all the time is stressful too! :)

    ReplyDelete